Deadline for all applications: September 1, 2015
AAAP has three travel awards available for medical students, residents and fellows. All awards would help defray the costs of travel, lodging and the meeting registration fee will be waived.
MEDICAL STUDENT, RESIDENT, FELLOW
This award is given to medical students, residents and Addiction Psychiatry fellows who are interested in learning about the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders. Applicants will be assessed based on their interest, abilities and potential for contribution in the field.
Qualifications for Resident and Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship Award:
- Resident (includes general psychiatry residents and fellows in specialty training other than Addiction Psychiatry- e.g. child, geriatric, forensic, etc.)
- Addiction psychiatry fellows must be enrolled in an ACGME-accredited Addiction Psychiatry subspecialty program
Reimbursements for travel and lodging will be provided after the Annual Meeting. Awardee must retain all original copies of receipts and submit those with his/her travel expense report not to exceed $1200. Completed, signed forms with original receipts should be mailed directly to AAAPs National Office after December 8, 2015.
REGIONAL TRAVEL AWARD
The purpose of this award is to encourage young U.S. and Canadian psychiatry residents to learn about and become involved in the field of Addiction Psychiatry. Residents who have an interest in the field of Addiction Psychiatry and who have demonstrated some leadership potential are encouraged to apply for this award. After attending AAAPs Annual Meeting in December, the resident awardees are expected to organize and host an educational activity in their community related to a topic learned at AAAPs Annual Meeting. Awardees will receive $1200 for travel and hotel fees and $300 for their educational initiative. Due to the limited number of regional travel awards, you may not apply for this award if you have already received it in the past.
Qualifications for award:
- an interest in Addiction Psychiatry
- demonstrated leadership role in the field
- enrolled in good standing in an ACGME or ACGME equivalent psychiatry residency program
- willing to host an educational event after attending AAAP’s Annual Meeting and Symposium to disseminate information to residents, other trainees and/or members of the local medical community. The educational activity must be related to content presented at the Annual Meeting.
- support of their Residency Training Director to participate in this initiative
INTERNATIONAL TRAINEE TRAVEL AWARD
This newly funded award is similar to the Regional Travel Award, applicants should have similar qualifications as listed in the description above. After the Annual Meeting and Symposium, the awardee will present an educational activity from the conference to other trainees or members of the medical community. Applications should be submitted in English and will only be accepted from non-US and non-Canadian trainees.
Reimbursements for travel and lodging will be provided after the Annual Meeting Awardee must retain all original copies of receipts and submit those with his/her travel expense report not to exceed $2000. Completed, signed forms with original receipts should be mailed directly to AAAPs National Office after December 8, 2015.
AAAP will begin accepting applications May 15, 2015. You may apply for more than one travel award. All applicants will be notified of a decision by mid-October.