Education & Training
Buprenorphine Waiver Training
Welcome to AAAP’s 8-hour Buprenorphine waiver training course. Participants who complete this course will meet the requirement of DATA 2000, and will be qualified to prescribe buprenorphine for opioid-dependent patients.
The course provides information regarding the use of buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction. It reviews legislation regarding office-based opioid-addiction treatment, pharmacology, safety and effectiveness, patient assessment and selection, clinical management, special treatment populations, dosing, urine testing, and patient confidentiality. It meets the 8-hour training requirement specified in the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 for physicians to qualify for prescribing and dispensing buprenorphine in their offices for the treatment of opioid dependence.
OFFICE-BASED TREATMENT FOR OPIOID DEPENDENCE CASE STUDIES: Click here
If you need assistance, please follow the steps below:
- Sign up and review registration details including course objectives and accreditation information.
- Complete all modules and the pass the post-test found at the end. You will be allowed to leave the course and then re-renter it, picking up where you left off however, you MUST complete the course within 45 days of registering and you must spend at least 8 hours studying and completing the course.
- If you are a returning user who began the course AFTER January 23, 2015, please be sure to retain the ACCESS email that you received when you purchased the course so that you can confirm your purchase and re-enter the course if you are midstream.
- While you complete the course, a screen will display listing your course progress, monitoring your progress. .
- For questions on licensure, DEA-X number, registering to prescribe, etc., please call the SAMHSA Buprenorphine Information Center at (866) 287-2728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions specifically about the online training email email@example.com or call AAAP at (401) 524-3076.
- For training and educational resources, see www.pcssmat.org
$124 AAAP Members
This course is sponsored by:
American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP)