Education & Training
AAAP offers a variety of educational resources to help psychiatrists prepare for the ABPN board exam for subspecialty certification and recertification in Addiction Psychiatry, as well as stay updated on the most recent trends in the addiction field.
Performance in Practice (PIP)
AAAP currently has TWO Performance in Practice Modules (Improving Patient-Centered Outcomes in Treating Patients with Substance Use Disorders Who Are Also Tobacco Users: Performance in Practice and Pharmacotherapies to Improve Patient-Centered Outcomes in Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders (AUD): Performance in Practice) that will satisfy your MOC needs
For an explanation of ABPN MOC requirements, please access the ABPN MOC Program FAQ, visit the ABPN website, or call the ABPN offices at their number (847) 229-6500.
These activities are approved as a PIP Clinical Module, are designated for 20 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(TM) and 8 Self-Assessment CMEs. If you are a AAAP member, you may access a PIP for free! If you are not a AAAP member, you can become one to get access to a PIP OR you may purchase it for $350. Learn more about AAAP PIPS.
- Addictions and Their Treatment course (Live) : A great review of addiction topics for physicians, nurses and allied health care professionals. Also great preparation for the ABPN examinations for subspecialty certification and recertification in Addiction Psychiatry.
Additional Educational Opportunities
CME Credits: up to 25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits
- AAAP 26th Annual Meeting Proceedings (members only- login here)
Free for members- log in to the members-only section to access the recordings and receive Self-Assessment credits and CME credits.
- AAAP 23rd, 24th, and 25th Annual Meeting Proceedings (members only- login here)
Free for members, log-in to the members only section to access the recordings.
- PCSS-MAT Webinars: Free trainings that enhance prescribers and other health professionals knowledge, skills and attitudes regarding safe and effective use of medication assisted treatment of opioid dependence
CME Credits: vary per webinar.
- PCSS-O Webinars: Free educational resources are provided in an effort to promote awareness of safe and effective use of opioid medications.
CME credits: vary per webinar
- Buprenorphine Waiver Training: This online course provides information regarding the use of buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction.
CME Credits: 8 AMA PRA category 1 credits
$ 124.00 AAAP Members