Education & Training
AAAP offers a variety of educational resources to help psychiatrists prepare for the ABPN board exam for subspecialty certification and recertification in Addiction Psychiatry, as well as stay updated on the most recent trends in the addiction field.
New Maintenance of Certification Products Coming Soon!
Performance in Practice (PIP)
- “Improving Patient Outcomes in Treating Patients with Substance Use Disorders Who Are Also Tobacco Users: Performance in Practice (PIP) – Available only to AAAP Members through the Members Only Website.
- Addictions and Their Treatment course (Live) :Preparation for the ABPN examinations for subspecialty certification and recertification in Addiction Psychiatry.
CME Credits: 20 AMA PRA Category 1 credits
Click here to view the rates.
Additional Educational Opportunities
CME Credits: up to 25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits
Click here to view the rates.
- AAAP 25th Annual Meeting Proceedings (members only- log-in here)
CME credits were provided at the live session but not the recorded session. Free for members, log-in to the members only section today to access the recordings.
Malpractice Insurance: Are You Really Covered?
A recorded webinar with Larry Westreich, MD and Ann McNary, JD
The purchase of medical malpractice insurance is an important decision that can affect a physicians professional and personal life for many years to come. In this program we will discuss the different types of insurance available and review important contractual elements to look for in a policy. In addition, cases studies illustrating common causes of malpractice litigation and a discussion of what elements a plaintiff must prove to prevail in a medical malpractice suit will be presented to further illustrate the importance of choosing the right coverage.
To access the recorded webinar without CME credit, go here:
This webinar was presented by Professional Risk Management Services, Inc.(PRMS). PRMS offers residents an opportunity to participate in webinars free-of-charge and obtain an overview of practice-related risk management issues on topics which are often not formally addressed during the course of residency training. For a complete schedule of the PRMS seminars residents and fellows can participate in free of charge, please click here. To learn more about PRMS, go to www.prms.com.
- PCSS-MAT Webinars: Free trainings that enhance prescribers and other health professionals knowledge, skills and attitudes regarding safe and effective use of medication assisted treatment of opioid dependence
CME Credits: vary per webinar.
- PCSS-O Webinars: Free educational resources are provided in an effort to promote awareness of safe and effective use of opioid medications.
CME credits: Currently, no CMEs are offered for these trainings.
- Buprenorphine Waiver Training: This online course provides information regarding the use of buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction.
CME Credits: 8 AMA PRA category 1 credits
$ 124.00 AAAP Members