One AAAP Young Investigator Research Award will be awarded at the 24th Annual Meeting and Symposium on December 5-8, 2013 at the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center in Scottsdale, AZ. The Young Investigator Research Award will be presented based on the quality of original research in the field of substance use disorders conducted by the applicant and the demonstrated commitment of the applicant to the field of Addiction Psychiatry. The recipient of the Research Award will present their work during the Paper Session at the Annual Meeting. Attending and presenting at the 24th Annual Meeting and Symposium in Scottsdale, AZ is required. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered, and the meeting registration fee will be waived.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Submissions accepted beginning: May 1, 2013
Deadline for submissions: October 17, 2013
The applicant must be one of the following and have completed the majority of his or her research during the time they were a resident/fellow:
- A general psychiatry resident
- A PGY-5 or higher Addiction Psychiatry resident (fellow) in an ACGME-accredited Addiction Psychiatry subspecialty program
- An early career psychiatrist who has either completed a psychiatry residency or completed an ACGME-accredited Addiction Psychiatry residency (fellowship) after October 1st, 2009
- Applications will not be accepted from undergraduate students (i.e., Bachelors or pregraduate students)
Please submit the following materials by email to: email@example.com by October 17th:
- A statement of career goals
- A description of the context of the research, e.g., rationale for selecting the topic, role of mentors
- A current Curriculum Vitae
AAAP will begin contacting applicants in early October to announce the award recipients.
Reimbursements for travel and lodging will be provided AFTER the annual meeting. Awardee must retain all original copies of receipts and submit those with his/her Travel Expense Report for reimbursement not to exceed $1200. Completed, signed forms with original receipts should all be mailed directly to the AAAP National Office after December 9, 2012.
For questions, please contact the AAAP National Office at (401) 524-3076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.