Applications due: September 2014
AAAP is happy to announce a new travel award for 2014. This newly funded award is designated to International residents (non-US or Canada, Canadian residents may apply for the travel award or the Regional Travel Award) who plan to attend the Annual AAAP National Meeting in Aventura, FL on December 4-7, 2014. Following attendance at the Annual Meeting, the resident awardees are expected to organize and host an educational activity in their community related to a topic learned at AAAP Annual Meeting. One resident per geographic Area will be chosen.
Applications from qualified residents are currently being accepted. Residents must be (1) enrolled in good standing in an ACGME or ACGME equivalent psychiatric residency; (2) show some leadership potential; (3) be willing to attend AAAP’s Annual Meeting in December 2013; (4) are willing to organize and host a local educational event after attending AAAP’s Annual Meeting to disseminate information to residents, other trainees or members of the local psychiatric community and 5) who have the support of their Training Director to participate in this initiative.
Individuals who receive this regional award will be given a $2,000 stipend for travel/hotel /registration to AAAP’s Annual Meeting. $200 of this stipend will be used for an educational initiative after the resident returns from attending the annual meeting. The requirements for the Educational Initiative include:
- The topic should be of the resident’s choice, but must be related to some content presented at AAAP’s annual meeting. The topic may be determined after the annual meeting.
- The educational activity must be described in sufficient detail (not to exceed 2 pages) to outline the program and should include goals and objectives
- Documentation of the event, including a list of participants will be required after completion of the event as well as an evaluation summary.
- The stipend is awarded to support related expenses to the educational event such as an honorarium for speaker(s), travel for speaker(s), food and other expenses related to the event. Please note that the money cannot be used to pay an honorarium for a member of AAAP or for the purchase of alcohol.
- The Resident will be able to work with the AAAP representative from your geographic Area and/or the staff from the AAAP National Office on organizing this event.
To apply for this award applicants should submit (all materials in English): the completed application form (see below), a CV and one letter of recommendation, to Grace@aaap.org by September 2014. The award notice will be announced by early October.
International Travel Award Application