Skip to content
- Promote high quality evidence-based screening, assessment and treatment for substance use disorders and co-occurring mental disorders.
- Translate and disseminate evidence-based research to clinical practice and public policy.
- Strengthen Addiction Psychiatry specialty training and foster careers in Addiction Psychiatry.
- Provide evidence-based addiction education to health care trainees and health professionals to enhance patient care and promote recovery.
- Educate the public and influence public policy for the safe and humane treatment of those with substance use disorders.
- Promote prevention and enhance addiction treatment and recovery across the lifespan.
- Promote research on the etiology, prevention, identification and treatment of substance use and related disorders.