The Under-Represented Populations Committee (URPOP) of the College on the Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) provides a limited number of travel awards to attend the CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2020
- Must have an avowed interest in a career in substance abuse research/teaching.
- Must be members of an ethnic minority group under-represented in substance abuse research, including but not limited to African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders.
- Citizenship of the United States or a permanent visa is required.
- Previous awardees and individuals currently supported by NIDA/NIH training grants or individual Predoctoral National Research Service Awards (F31) are not eligible.
- The preferred candidate for this award is a graduate student with a demonstrated commitment to research and/or teaching in substance abuse.
Abstracts: Applicants are required to have submitted an abstract to the CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting using the online submission system.
Each Award Will Include:
- Complimentary registration
- Up to a maximum of $2,000 for travel expenses