Job Description: Riverbend Community Mental Health, Inc., one of the largest providers of community-based behavioral health services in New Hampshire, is seeking a full-time Addiction Medicine/Addiction Psychiatry Specialist Physician. This Physician will provide leadership to the Addiction Medicine Program within Concord Hospital, in partnership with Riverbend Community Mental Health, to work toward becoming the preferred resource for mental health and substance use for the communities we serve. The position will serve as the Medical Director of “The Doorway” regional program which is designed to direct those with behavioral health or substance abuse disorders to treatment. The Addiction Medicine Physician will have support from an experienced team of professionals including a Clinical Director, licensed Psychologists, Psychiatrists, licensed Clinicians, nurses and other support staff. There is also an opportunity for involvement with Family Medicine Resident teaching.
- Work in tandem with the CEO of Riverbend Community Mental Health and the Director of Substance Use Services at Concord Hospital to ensure/promote appropriate service provision.
- Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of the vision, mission, and strategic clinical priorities of Addiction Medicine for the Concord Hospital and Riverbend systems.
- Develop, direct, and evaluate addiction medicine clinical performance and ensure it meets short and long-term objectives, regulatory and quality goals for patients and the communities served.
- Partner in leading the effective execution of a patient-centered clinical strategy with business planning and clinical service lines, with particular attention to an integrated program in primary care.
- Provide clinical supervision and education support to clinicians in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Consult with counselors, attend treatment teams and contribute to development of treatment plans as part of an active multi-disciplinary team.
- Attend weekly clinical staff meeting with treatment team.
- Provide consultative services to other physicians in the hospital setting whose admitted patients present with substance abuse or withdrawal issues.
- Provide oversight to the Addiction Medicine curriculum for the NH Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency Program as well as providing resident shadowing opportunities.
- Utilize electronic medical record (EMR) of the medical practice to document patient information, referrals or other relevant information as required.
- Adhere to all compliance procedures relevant to protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain communication flow in relevant systems with Concord Hospital, community partners and related Riverbend providers.
- Medical diploma required.
- Board certification by (or eligibility for certification) by the American Society of Addiction Medicine or the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Valid MD license required.
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority required.
- Current X Waiver to prescribe Buprenorphine, or willingness to pursue one, required.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle or access to a reasonable alternative preferred.
- Specific training and/or experience in the field of substance abuse is preferred.
Founded in 1963, Riverbend Community Mental Health is a private, nonprofit organization providing specialized behavioral health services in central New Hampshire. Core services include 24/7 emergency mobile crisis services; counseling services for children, adults, and families; addiction treatment; and community support, vocational services, and residential programs for adults and seniors. Evidence-based models of treatment guide all our work, and we strongly believe in the power of self-directed growth and recovery.
About working at Riverbend
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with company match; flexible spending accounts for day care and/or medical expenses; 5 days per year for continuing education; an allotment of funds for CE and professional expenses; and generous paid leave — plus 8 holidays per year.
You’ll be joining a team of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about delivering high quality behavioral health services, developing innovative responses to meet critical needs, and doing work that is both challenging and rewarding. Riverbend is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive working environment for people of all backgrounds.
About Concord New Hampshire
Concord New Hampshire is ranked one of the nation’s top micropolitan (population under 50,000) communities, year after year. Our excellent schools and colleges produce a well-educated workforce, and we are proud to be home to one of the finest health care networks north of Boston (about 1.5 hours south). In addition to our vibrant downtown, business community, and wealth of cultural offerings, the Concord area is the perfect place to raise a family, grow a business, or explore New England’s rich history, culture, and natural wonders.
Required licenses/certifications: Applicants must be eligible for a Colorado medical license and be BE/BC in general adult psychiatry.
If you are interested in this job posting: Apply here