Job description: The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE is recruiting an addiction medicine physician to join our faculty. This unique opportunity shares time between a busy Addiction Medicine Emergency Department and Psychiatric Emergency Service and a robust outpatient addiction medicine practice that involves teaching in an addiction medicine fellowship embedded in the division.
The rapidly growing Psychiatry Department and Addiction Division currently is comprised of an outpatient addiction psychiatrist, two board certified addiction medicine psychiatrists running the consult service, and an emergency medicine physician and pediatrician, both board certified in addiction medicine. Our department also has a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist who is board certified in addiction medicine.
Nebraska Medicine, our hospital partner, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 20 years. This means we continue to be ranked as one of America’s Best Hospitals and the top hospital in Nebraska.
- A culture in which Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Antiracism are the foundation of our work
- Teaching opportunities alongside national leaders in addiction education and research
- Multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals and nurses in a collegial environment
- Flexible schedule for work life balance
- Potential to develop novel clinical programs in integrated collaborative care
- Abundant research and career advancement including potential for addiction medicine fellowship program director
- Omaha, Nebraska is rated by Forbes magazine one of the top five best cities to raise a family
- Continually earns national accolades for quality of life
- Cost of living is 19 percent less than the national average
- Thriving arts and entertainment scene
- Home of the NCAA Men’s College World Series and the world-renowned Henry Doorly Zoo
Our compensation package is extremely competitive and includes comprehensive benefits, generous CME and faculty development funding are offered. The ideal candidate must be an MD/DO (or equivalent degree), who is board certified/eligible in addiction psychiatry or addiction medicine.
If you are interested in this job posting: Contact Dr. Howard Liu, Psychiatry Department Chair at [email protected] with questions. Interested candidates may apply online with CV and letter of interest at – https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/73676. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.