ADDICTION PROFESSIONALS JOB DESCRIPTION : Samaritan Daytop Village has several positions open for immediate hire across agency. We have outstanding opportunities for full-time or part-time Board Certified/ Eligible Addiction Psychiatrist, Addiction Medicine Specialist and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for our Residential Stabilization and Rehabilitation system, Chemical Dependency and Housing Programs. The practitioners will provide direct clinical services to patients and will work with multidisciplinary clinical teams, participate in program’s clinical development, outcomes measurement, quality improvement efforts, and educational activities. Samaritan Daytop Village has evolved into a recognized health and human services agency. We represent ourselves through a carefully constructed brand that reflects our stellar reputation and positions as one of New York’s premier human services providers with over 60 programs throughout New York State. Samaritan Daytop Village has a history in innovation and leadership. Our success has been supported over the years by a professional staff that is dedicated and committed to our mission. Samaritan Daytop Village has fifty years history of helping thousands of New Yorkers improve the quality of their lives through treatment for substance abuse, innovative services for veterans, and programs for homeless individuals, women and children, seniors and families.
- New Beginnings Community Counseling Center/ Bronx
- Independence Outpatient Treatment Program / Bronx
- Van Wyck Residential Program/ Queens
- Richmond Hill Medically Assisted Treatment and Recovery Center / Queens
- Ed Thompson Veterans Program / Queens
- Ellenville Residential Programs/ Cape Road Residential/ Ellenville
- ACT Program/ Brooklyn
- Myrtle Avenue Men’s Shelter/ Brooklyn
- Addiction Psychiatrist (board eligible/certified psychiatrists, completed residency or obtained Addiciton Psychiatry fellowship program )
- Medical Doctor with expertise in Addiction Medicine
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- At least five years of prior work experience with substance abuse population, working with the underserved, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities (co-occurring mental health, substance abuse and physical health problems).
- No current investigation by a representative or agent of any governmental body including Federal healthcare programs (Medicaid or Medicare), healthcare organization, or any professional society, due to allegations of substandard client/patient care, medical negligence or unethical behavior; no prior restriction or termination of clinical privileges by the medical staff of any healthcare organization or a state or federal medical license/certification/registration; no Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or General Services Administration (GSA) sanction.
- A graduate from an accredited Medical School. Current New York State Psychiatrist license.
- Board Certification in Psychiatry, required with a specialty in Addiction and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, preferred.
If you are interested in this job posting:
Denisa Cani Samaritan Daytop Village 718-206-2000 ext 1415