Job Description: Denver Health, in beautiful Denver, Colorado, is recruiting for an Addiction Psychiatrist to join our team. This psychiatrist has board eligibility/certification in one or more of the following sub-specialties of psychiatry: addiction medicine, addiction psychiatry, brain injury medicine, child and adolescent psychiatry, clinical neurophysiology, geriatric psychiatry, hospice and palliative medicine, pain medicine, psychosomatic medicine, and sleep medicine. This physician will provide expert assessment and clinical care in one or more of these areas. Physician specialists will also provide teaching and scholarly work in their area of expertise. Additionally, provides general psychiatric care throughout Behavioral Health Services, which includes inpatient, outpatient, medical, and emergency settings. Diagnoses and treats children and adults including with patients with complex, co-occurring medical, psychiatric and substance use disorders; homelessness, poverty; and treatment-resistance., complex, and co-morbid psychiatric, medical, and addiction disorders. Obtains relevant medical histories, makes appropriate diagnoses, implements and directs effective psychiatric treatments including during high-risk and/or life-threatening conditions including during pregnancy and peri-partum periods, malignant catatonia, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, and serotonin syndrome. Assesses and mitigates the risk of suicide or violence among patients at risk due to psychiatric illness, including schizophrenia, bipolar, depressive, anxiety, substance use disorders, and personality disorders. Leads multidisciplinary teams of case managers, discharge planners, nursing, occupational therapy, psychotherapists, and other professionals to provide clinical care. Teaches medical students and advanced trainees from other health disciplines including in nationally accredited training programs. Consults with non-psychiatric medical providers in the care of patients with psychiatric disorders. Directs care teams in identifying appropriate levels of care for complex patient presentations. Applies treatment statutes for involuntary psychiatric and/or substance use disorder treatments. Interprets the results of relevant laboratory and imagining studies and applies them to the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric symptoms. Supports and conducts scholarly work that benefits Denver Health patients and employees. Holds a faculty position at the University of Colorado. Maintains medical license, board-certification, BLS certification, and other relevant licensure/certification. Supports an inclusive work environment. Provides high quality clinical care and works to meet productivity metrics as directed by direct supervisor. Supports department initiatives related to quality, safety, financial viability, and other initiatives as directed by the ADOS or DOS. Works collaboratively with operational colleagues to maintain quality, safety, and financial viability. Has weekend, overnight, and holiday responsibilities according to department needs.
Benefits of practicing at Denver Health include:
- Academic appointment at the University of Colorado
- Resident and medical student teaching opportunities
- Generous benefits including 4+ weeks paid time off, CME time and allowance, and robust retirement package
- Relocation benefits
- Conveniently located in Denver with access to a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, great schools, family-friendly communities, natural beauty and 300+ days of sunshine per year
- Provide expert care, scholarly work, and training in their sub-specialty
- Physicians at Denver Health are faculty members of the University of Colorado School of Medicine serve as teachers for students seeking clinical experience at Denver Health and provide education for post graduate medical trainees.
- Focus on Superior Patient Care by
- practicing evidence-based, high-quality state-of-the art medicine;
- encourage increased patient understanding, involvement in care, and treatment decisions;
- achieve and maintain optimal patient access;
- insist on departmental focus on superior patient service; and
- participate in or support education and research.
- Collaborate on Care Delivery by
- including staff, other physicians and management in both service and patient care improvements;
- treat all members with respect;
- demonstrate the highest levels of ethical and professional conduct; and
- behave in a manner consistent with Denver Health goals.
- Listen and Communicate by
- providing clinical information in a clear and timely manner;
- requesting information and resources needed to provide care consistent with Denver Health goals; and
- provide and accept feedback in a respectful manner from all staff.
- Take Ownership by
- providing leadership to improve outcomes quality and service quality;
- work to ensure personal, departmental and organization compliance with all legal and educational requirements; and
- steadily improve the efficiency and economic aspects of your practice.
- Quality Metrics.
- Focus on clinically relevant outcome measures;
- Change by embracing innovations to continuously improve patient care, service and organizational efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- Able to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality medical care.
- Able to receive detailed information through oral communications; express or exchange ideas by verbal communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, listening, and social skills.
- Able to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems.
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Doctorate Degree (Required)
- Graduation from an Accredited Medical School and completed Accredited Residency Programs and fellowships for specialist, or equivalent.
- Board Certified.
Credentials: Physician (Required) Medical license to practice in State of Colorado.
If you are interested in this job posting: Katie Youll firstname.lastname@example.org