Job Description: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Psychiatry is actively recruiting an Addiction Psychiatrist to provide healthcare services for patients seeking addiction treatment, as well as, serve as an Associate Medical Director for the primary outpatient clinic. This is an open rank position; academic rank of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Treatment of patients with addiction or unhealthy substance use
- Medical Director over the IOP
- Support/enhance clinic leadership, specifically the Medical Director of the clinic as Associate Medical Director
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the appropriate specialty practice assessment techniques and treatment processes.
- Must be able to determine objectives, set priorities, and establish and meet target dates.
- Must be able to work effectively with other health care professionals and serve as a subject matter expert resource to health care providers at UTSW.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership/clinic management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
The selected candidate must be currently licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Texas. Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedure, if any. Must have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Medical Association (AMA) approved residency in Psychiatry or Internal Medicine. Must be certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) and/or, if a psychiatrist, certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator and to a role in clinic leadership/management. Applicants must be eligible for permanent employment in the U.S. and have or be able to obtain a Texas Medical License.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this job posting: