New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) is a leading non-profit organization in New York that has been caring for the community for over 40 years. We are founded on the belief that everyone, no matter age, race or socioeconomic status, is entitled to the best possible mental health treatment. Comprising of a network of seven treatment facilities within Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, we assist children, families, and individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges in becoming more productive, independent members of society.
We are currently seeking warm and empathetic Psychiatrists to join our growing Clinical Team. Our centers are located at 2857 Linden Blvd., Brooklyn (East New York), 102 Pilling St., Brooklyn (Bushwick), and 579 Courtlandt Ave., Bronx (South Bronx).
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders of recipients under his/her care
- Provide medication therapy and medication education as required
- Participate in the development of, and is a signatory of treatment plans
- Conduct mental status examinations
- Review and approves discharge plan
- Graduate of a medical school approved by the New York State Education Department
- Completion of approved residency in Psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State
- Certified or eligible to be certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- New York State License to practice medicine, in good standing
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and psychopharmacological treatment skills
- Strong clinical skills working with individuals with mental illness, including both individual and group psychotherapy
- Strong dedication to workplace mentorship, education and team-based care
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits are available for full-time positions including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Salary Increases, Bonuses, 403b Retirement Plan and more. In addition, our licensed professionals have free access to our online Continuing Education Courses. Perkins and other loan forgiveness may also be available, in addition to our Student Loan Pay Down incentive.
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary and flexible hours.
If you are interested in this job posting:
For more information or to apply, please contact Delilah Nossa, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com or 917-485-4077.