Job Description: The MGH Department of Psychiatry is recruiting applicants for a leadership position in addiction care. The West End Clinic (WEC) is an outpatient dual-diagnosis addiction clinic which serves patients with primary and specialty care at MGH. The clinic serves about 700 patients per year and has a large staff of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, trainees, and administrators.
This position will have an active clinical role. The Medical Director will directly supervise and oversee the educational experience of trainees. The Director will also develop additional initiatives consistent with the their expertise, interests, and needs of the MGH. As currently configured, the role has several fixed components, but there is flexibility in the agreed-upon duties of the role. This role currently is comprised of the following components:
- Overall accountability for the clinical process of the WEC in concert with the WEC Clinical Director and Associate Medical Director; this includes supervising staff and clinical productivity, overseeing day to day clinical operations and patient access, and providing expertise to the wider Dept of Psychiatry in dual-diagnosis care
- Supervision of physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, social workers, and trainees (residents and fellows) across both settings
- Leadership of quality improvement efforts across both settings
- Leadership of collaborative efforts with primary and specialty medical/surgical care throughout the MGH
- Provide expertise and leadership around addiction care and related issues to the Dept of Psychiatry and the broader hospital-wide Substance Use Disorders Initiative
- Direct involvement in the MGH/McLean/Brigham and Women’s shared Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
- Involvement in Population Health Management Strategies across the system (e.g. electronic-consults relevant to Addiction)
If you are interested in this job posting:
Interested applicants should send a one-page statement of interest and CV to Elizabeth Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews of selected candidates will occur as soon as possible, with plans for filling the position in the Summer/Fall 2019.
Questions about the position should be directed to Tim Wilens MD, (Co)Director of the Center for Addiction Medicine, Department of Psychiatry (email@example.com).
MGH is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.