Job Description: Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is seeking an experienced clinician and committed leader to develop and lead a new Psychiatry Residency Program as the Founding Program Director within the largest Behavioral Health Network (BHN) in New England. HHC is the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut and includes seven (7) acute care hospitals and four (4) inpatient BHN facilities. The BHN is an expansive psychiatric treatment, research, and academic network that includes the world-renowned Institute of Living and the Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center, as well as nearly 300 inpatient beds, and more than 40 outpatient programs throughout the state. This is a key Leadership role within Connecticut’s most comprehensive health care network. Your contribution will be significant in the advancement of Education and Psychiatric Care in the region.
- Join a prestigious Behavioral Health Network employing 3,000 colleagues including nearly 100 psychiatrists and clinicians dedicated to providing world-class psychiatric services throughout the state.
- An experienced GME organization, the BHN currently hosts one (1) well-established Adult Psychiatry Residency and three (3) Fellowship programs (Child, Consult-Liaison, and Addiction Medicine) sponsored by HHC’s quaternary care academic partner, Hartford Hospital. Hartford Hospital is one of the largest surgical centers and academic centers in the northeast, and has been ranked #1 in the Hartford region and among the best in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in psychiatry graduate medical education and program accreditation, backed by the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health systems in the country.
- Continue to build a legacy model of healthcare, and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of medical education and expands clinical training capacity in New England.
- The new Psychiatry Residency Program, which will be one of just four in the state, will be open to four (4) new medical school graduates, enrolling four (4) each year for an eventual total of 16 residents.
- An exceptional variety of clinical environments with abundant opportunities to teach.
- Experience a highly collegial psychiatry care team and collaborative work environment—backed by a full team of interdisciplinary advanced practitioners, researchers, and social workers providing the full continuum of both mental health and substance abuse recovery services.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Tremendous opportunities to perform research with the Olin Neuropsychiatric Research Center at the internationally renowned Institute of Living—a member of the elite Ivy League Hospitals.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
- Easy access to Boston and New York City.
Job Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include: 50% administrative; 50% clinical – clinical work will include supervision of residents on inpatient units, and administrative will include didactic instruction. This position has dual-reporting to the Chair of Psychiatry at St. Vincent’s Medical Center (SVMC) and to the DIO of the Frank H. Netter School of Medicine.
Required education/experience: Successful candidate will be a psychiatrist who is well seasoned clinically but who also has the academic background necessary to help create the Founding Psychiatric Residency Program.
- Interest in research pursuits is available, and for clinical responsibilities, able and willing to care for inpatients.
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or administrative abilities; or possess qualifications acceptable to the ACGME’s Psychiatry Residency Review Committee is required.
Required licenses/certifications: Board Certification in Psychiatry; Specialty in Addictions, Child & Adolescent, or Geriatrics preferred, but General Psychiatrist perfectly acceptable. Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Connecticut prior to the start of appointment.
If you are interested in this job posting: For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Kurt Voelker: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com