Job Description: In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Under the direction of the Chairman of the department, the successful candidate will manage and provide clinical direction, leadership, oversight and evaluation of all aspects of all levels of medical staff performance, clinical services and medical education provided by members within their individual Division, to deliver accredited medical services that meet all medical standards required by law, including but not limited to physician performance, productivity and clinical outcomes, metrics and quality assurance measures and standards developed departmentally and by the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation. In addition, you will perform a full range of administrative/operational responsibilities to ensure the efficient achievement of departmental goals.
- Working with appropriate medical leadership and providing clinical direction to direct reports to set patient care standards, establish clinical goals/objects, and ensure the strategic implementation of best practices and program development in their respective disciplines.
- Providing clinical administrative guidance and consultative direction to medical staff within their respective division.
- Engaging in strategic planning with hospital executive and clinical leadership to develop programming within their respective discipline which aligns with overall hospital strategic plan.
- Developing and collecting performance metrics which the facility may utilize to plan and implement quality patient care programs.
- Ensuring effective transparent communication with clinical and operational leadership to ensure effective delivery of services within the division.
- Ensuring the regular and appropriate assessment of physician competency and intervening and remediating as appropriate.
- Preparing division staff schedules.
- Reviewing, approving/denying and signing off on leave of absence requests, including CME.
- Reviewing, approving/denying and signing off on time sheets and session sheets.
- Preparing, monitoring and following up on division Performance Indicators.
- Fostering the academic development of the Division members.
- Participating with the hospital in the development and implementation of mechanisms and measures to optimize the appropriate utilization of medical services, quality assurance and patient satisfaction at the hospital.
- Participating in other related responsibilities as assigned by the Employer, the Executive Director and/or the Medical Director of the hospital.
- Planning joint programs and procedures with other departments to coordinate services with other patient care services.
- With the Chairman, establishing services, capital equipment needs and capital equipment purchasing plans.
- Evaluating equipment proposals for the Chairman of the Department.
- Participating in the Department’s Quality Assessment and Improvement Committee.
- Acting as the direct supervisor and consultant for all staff assigned to services.
- Participating in medical educational meetings to improve and provide continuous quality care to our patients.
- Determining the qualifications and competence of department personnel who perform medical/surgical services.
- Establishing mechanisms for orientating and providing in-service training and continuing education for all persons in Division.
- Recommending space and other resources needed by the Division in order to maintain a satisfactory level of Care.
- Developing, maintaining and updating Division Policies and Procedures.
- Current, valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Valid DEA registration.
- Status as a provider in good standing in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Board Certification in the appropriate board specialty.
- Good standing with the hospital’s medical staff with appropriate privileges granted in accordance with the usual procedures of the Hospital.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities are essential including personnel, finance, quality and clinical resources management.
- Knowledge of Patient Safety Requirements.
- Maturity in clinical practice in area of specialty is preferred.
If you are interested in this job posting:
We offer a generous compensation package along with outstanding benefits, opportunities for advancement, retirement plan, malpractice, Sponsorship for H1 & J1 Visas, and much more! For immediate consideration, please call Carmen Velez, MBA – Physician Recruiter at 646-494-7559, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at: https://www.pagny.org/careers/psychiatry/brooklyn/4011/