Affiliate members are defined as non-psychiatrist, related professionals who are making a contribution to the field of Addiction Psychiatry. If you are a related professional, you are invited to join, too! We welcome professionals from a variety of backgrounds. View the Affiliate Member Application Procedures here.
Upon submitting your application, please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
AAAP Staff will contact you before or during that time with further membership information and confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE: All membership applications will be screened. AAAP does not endorse or support the membership of each member or respective organization. Upon becoming a member, you are not a representative of the organization. Members will not speak on behalf of the organization unless asked by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors. Membership information pertaining to fellow Academy members is not for solicitation, distribution or unauthorized use. Members using the membership directory or member information inappropriately could face termination. The Academy will review applications and references as it sees fit. Members will hold the Academy, its members, examiners, officers, employees and agents free from all damage and complaint by reason of any action taken on an application or by reason of any subsequent action on membership.
- Complete a membership application (online, mail or fax).
- Obtain two references, preferably two members from our Academy, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) or another professional organization.
- With your application, please include a page describing the following:
- Significance of your role as a related professional (as it relates to Addiction Psychiatry)
- Contributions to the field of Addiction Psychiatry
- Role of your associated institution/affiliation/company (as it relates to Addiction Psychiatry)
- Reason(s) for applying for membership with the Academy
- Number of years in the field
- If completing an application online, please submit a separate page (with the above details) by email to email@example.com. If completing by mail or fax, please include your paragraph on a separate page.
- If sending by mail, please send your materials and payment to:
American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
400 Massasoit Avenue, Suite 307 - 2nd Floor.
East Providence, RI 02914
Fax: (401) 272.0922