AAAP offers a broad array of training and educational resources to support their members and health professionals to prepare for their board certification and to stay current on the research and clinical practices in the field.
Addictions and Their Treatment
We offer several online version of The Addictions and Their Treatment course, which includes all lecture recordings and PDF presentation slides of this intensive training to aid clinicians to prepare for board certifications and recertification. It also provides comprehensive overview of SUD for all health professionals. One version offers CE and SA credits. To purchase one of these online products, click the button below. View information about the live course.
*Discount offered for trainees. Bulk registration available for Fellowship Directors. Email [email protected] for more information.
Benzodiazepines: The Hidden Epidemic
Co-Morbidity of Substance and other Psychiatric Disorders
Forensic Issues in Addiction
General Concepts and Epidemiology
Inequities in Addiction Treatment for Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations
Medical Comorbidities in Patients with Substance Use Disorders
Naloxone Overdose Training
Neurobiology and Genetics
Pain and Addiction
Pregnancy and Substance Use Disorders
Psychosocial Treatments of the Addictions
Review of Opioids and Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders
Sex and Drugs: Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorders
Substance Use Disorders In the Older Population
Substance Use Disorder Treatment in Hospital Settings
Suicide and Substance Use Disorders
Urine Drug Testing
Youth with Substance Use Disorders and ADHD
- 2021 Addictions and Their Treatment Course On Demand Material (w/ CE): Expires December 31, 2023
- 2020 Addictions and Their Treatment Course On Demand Material (No CE): Available until December 31, 2022
Advanced Addiction Psychopharmacology
All lecture recordings and PDF presentation slides of this intensive training are available for purchase as an on-demand course. This on-demand version offers 12 CE. It costs $350 for members, $400 for non-members, and $100 for Trainees (email [email protected] for discount code). View information about the live course.
Evidence vs. Assumptions
Alcohol Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
From Detox to Relapse Prevention; Medication Treatments for AUD
Anti-Depressant and Anti-Anxiety Pharmacotherapy with Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorder
Evidence-Based Medication Options
Bipolar Disorder Pharmacotherapy with Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorder
Co-Morbidity is More Common Than Not
Cannabis Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
Promising Approaches on the Horizon
Nicotine Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
An Underused Arsenal: Varenicline, Bupropion, and NRT
Opioid Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
How to use Methadone, Buprenorphine and IM-Naltrexone (MOUD) in Clinical Practice
Sedative-Hypnotic Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
Inpatient and Outpatient Medication Approaches
Stimulant Use Disorder Pharmacotherapy
Clinical Effects and Treatment Issues
2021 Advanced Addiction Psychopharmacology Course On Demand Material (w/ CE): Expires December 31, 2023
Maintenance of Certification
All American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) board certified psychiatrists need to fulfill Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements. Learn more about the requirements.
- AAAP members: $100 Non-AAAP Members: $249 Become a member today!
*AAAP Members and ABPN Diplomates registered for our Annual Meeting receive access to this exam for FREE. Email [email protected] if you need assistance.
- Learners will complete a 100-question examination, receive feedback and earn 10 CMEs and SA credits for participation.
- This activity awards up to 10 Category 1 CME as Self-Assessment credits with the ABPN. The ABPN has reviewed this activity and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment Program which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
- Questions will cover clinical knowledge important to practicing psychiatrists and health professionals, including diagnosis, treatment and new developments.
- The goal is to use the examination to identify areas where they may need to enhance their clinical knowledge and improve their practice skills.
Access the Self-Assessment Examinations:
- Self-Assessment Examination 2021: Expires December 31, 2023
- Self-Assessment Examination 2020: Expires November 15, 2022
Performance in Practice (PIP)
AAAP currently has the following Performance in Practice and SA Activities that will satisfy your MOC needs.
- Motivational Interviewing Performance in Practice (PIP) and SA Activity
- Improving Clinical Practice with Patients who have Alcohol Use Disorders (AUD): Performance in Practice (PIP) and SA Activity
- Treating Patients with Substance Use Disorders Who Are Also Tobacco Users: PIP and SA Activity
- Improving Clinical Practice with Patients who have Opioid Use Disorder (OUD): Performance in Practice (PIP) Activity This PIP is offered through PCSS and is free to all.
- Improving Clinical Practice with Patients who have Stimulant Use Disorder (StUD): Performance in Practice (PIP) and Self-Assessment (SA) Activity – This PIP is offered through ORN and is free to all.
For an explanation of ABPN MOC requirements, please access the ABPN MOC Program FAQ, visit the ABPN website, or call the ABPN offices at their number (847) 229-6500.
These activities are approved as a PIP Clinical Module, are designated for 20 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™ and a varying number of Self-Assessment CMEs. Please click the link for each PIP for full credit designation details.
Hosted by the AAAP Membership Committee, led by Jose Vito, MD. If you have a topic that you would like to hear on the podcast or would like to be involved in the podcast, please email [email protected].
Learn more about upcoming and our on-demand webinars.
Learn more about AAAP’s Annual Meeting and Scientific Symposium, Addictions and Their Treatment Course, Advanced Addiction Psychopharmacology Course and other live events.