Given the reciprocal impact of psychiatric and substance use disorders upon one another, there is a critical need for Addiction Psychiatrists trained in the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring mental disorders.
Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship Opportunities
- MA degree in related field
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 (undergraduate) and 3.5 (graduate)
- Foundational research experience (e.g., peer reviewed publication and graduate level recommended research courses.)
- Submission of GRE scores is optional
- Submit Proof of English proficiency (International students only)
- Interest in substance use related work and topics
REACH (Recognizing and Eliminating disparities in Addiction through Culturally informed Healthcare) is a 5-year initiative funded by SAMHSA–Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. Each year, REACH recruits a cohort of Scholars nationwide for a 1-year training experience focused on improving the care of racial and ethnic minoritized patients with substance use disorders (SUD)s. To learn more about the program, please download our Flyer, Program Brochure, and visit our website. For questions, please contact [email protected].– REACH Cohort 5 application process will remain open for NP, APRN, and PAs to ensure we have adequate representation from our non-physician colleagues. Learn more.